Fujairah Aviation Academy formerly known as Fujairah Aviation Centre was originally founded in 1986 under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Saleh Mohammed Hamad Al Sharqi. As one of the school’s first students and still a keen pilot himself, Sheik Saleh continues to promote and support interest and knowledge of the Aviation Industry to aspiring pilots.
Fujairah itself enjoys an outstanding climate coupled with its own airport facilities, allowing unequalled access and operational conditions for flight training. Over the first twenty years Fujairah has provided professional aviation education for students requiring the Private Pilots License and the Commercial Pilots License. With the emergence of the United Arab Emirates as a world class business centre bringing innovation, expertise and technology to the region, we enter into our third decade being proud to introduce an Academy of Aviation Excellence in the form of the first dedicated Airline Transport Pilots License School in the Middle East.
All of the Fujairah Aviation Academy’s (FAA) courses are approved by the UAE GCAA, and upon successful completion, result in the issue of a UAE licence. The UAE is a member of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Licences issued by the UAE are convertible to the licences of other ICAO states, subject to their civil aviation regulations.
Why Fujairah for Flight Training?
The Fujairah International Airport is ideally located for flight training. Following are some of its advantages:
• No waiting for taxi clearance, no holding or orbiting.
• Un-restricted takeoffs and landings.
• Training area is located only five minutes flight time after take off.
• Open seven days a week.
• Excellent weather throughout the year.
• Airfield is equipped with NDB/VOR/DME/ILS and Radar navigation facilities.
• Air Traffic Control, Met and Flight Briefing available 24 hours.
• Quiet environment is conducive to learning.
• Accommodation and food are inexpensive.
• Pleasure flights and sightseeing tours are available.